Holiday Open House
Join us for a weekend of festive fun and activities for all ages at the New Cumberland Holiday Open House! Hosted by the New Cumberland Business & Professional Group, young and young at heart will enjoy two days of holiday cheer:
Saturday, December 3
- Breakfast with Santa: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m., 1127 Market StreetJoin Santa and his elves for a yummy breakfast at the New Cumberland River Rescue with seatings at 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Please pre-register for your meal at ncrr100.com.
- Special Holiday Activities at Library: 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., 1 Benjamin Plaza • Join the Library’s crafting group in the 2ndfloor meeting room to create a special holiday craft (ages 14+) and enjoy holiday puzzles and activities throughout the Library. Little ones ages 3+ can create a special an ornament in the Children’s Room. A book sale will also be held in Foundation House from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., with specials on holiday items.
- Wreath Fundraiser: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., 1512 Bridge Street • Stop by Weist Hardware and pick up a beautiful holiday wreath. Proceeds benefit the Loving Care Cat Rescue.
- Pictures with Santa: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., 324 Market Street • Naughty, or nice? Santa will want to know! Capture the memories at a jolly holiday set with a live reindeer and take home a printed photo! Sponsored by Chris Timmons Team brokered by EXP Realty.
- Coloring Contest: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., 324 Market Street • Bring the children to our coloring center or download our coloring contest templates in advance at NewCumberlandPA.org. Drop off your entry to Santa during Pictures with Santa and be entered to win a prize!
- Christmas Market: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m., Market Square • Delight in the spirit of old-world Christmas at our first annual Christmas Market. Shop for handmade crafts and enjoy authentic German food.
- Baked Goods & Warm Drinks: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., 205 3rd Street • Grab a snack and warm your soul with wintery treats on the lawn at Semoff’s Barber Shop. Proceeds benefit the New Cumberland Lions Club.
- Holiday Movies: 317 Bridge Street • Take in a movie on the big screen with popcorn and candy at the West Shore Theatre. Watch for showings and showtimes!
- Holiday Sales & Specials: Shop for your friends and loved ones at local shops and restaurants. Plus, 50 lucky patrons will go home with a New Cumberland Goodie Bag full of free giveaways from local businesses. One will be surprised with a special holiday gift!
- Letters to Santa: 233 Bridge Street • Drop your letter at our special North Pole mailbox in front of Oxford Hall Celtic Shop by Dec. 11 and get a response from Santa!
- Toys-for-Tots: 308 Market Street • Share your holiday spirit with a donation of a new, unwrapped toy, book, or other gift at Retro & Rad. Donations are greatly appreciated through Dec.
Sunday, December 4
- Community Tree Lighting: 6 p.m., Elkwood Park, 7th & Bridge Streets • Light up the night with cookies, cocoa, and holiday music.