Evidence of the services provided by the Public Works Department is all around New Cumberland Borough. Our department is dedicated to maintaining and providing a high-quality environment for borough residents, businesses and visitors. Our team of seven strive to keep the borough’s buildings, parks, and roadways safe, clean and attractive.
New Cumberland Borough’s Public Works Department is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Borough-owned building maintenance
- Borough’s vehicle fleet maintenance
- Parks/open space maintenance
- Street maintenance (infrastructure, snow plowing, sweeping, leaf collection)
- Community event assistance (pick-up and drop-off of no parking signs, barricades and waste receptacles)
- MS4 Stormwater Management (includes inspection of storm pipes and storm drains, and annual cleaning of storm drain boxes, repairs, and drain grate cleaning as needed)